Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Parade


In Scouts we are part of a 4 pack. 4 wards have come together to do scouting. We choose to be part of the Palmdale Christmas Parade. I was not thrilled. Ty was not a first. It took up our whole morning on Saturday. When we left the house it was 38 degrees so you can tell why I did not want to go out. It was to cold for Bryn, so Zack stayed home with her. (I'm sure he was sad to miss the fun) Lori rode in the Bishops truck. She had fun being inside but watching everything.
All the boys took turns holding posters, flags and passing out candy. They were very shy at first to run up and down passing out candy and flag stickers. (Theme was red, white and blue)
To get the boys and other leaders excited about passing out everything I started. I ran up and down yelling Merry Christmas! I was passing out candy and making sure the boys were keeping up with the float. (some of you would say that sounds like Michelle. I have claimed down A LOT in my older years)
Scouts has taken me out of my comfort zone for sure. The boys had lots of fun. I was so tired by the end of the two miles. I for sure got my work out for the weekend!!
I did run into Friends I have not seen in a few years. That was fun!

4 comments:

Dave and Lorraine Barlow said...

Thanks you sharing! I think you did a super job! So fun to see the pictures!

Kate said...

Way to fulfill a calling and work out at te same time! :)

Rachel Barlow said...

that does sound like you...even now in your "older" years!

MEB said...

You are a great Scout leader...way to go. It's all about building the memories!